Beautiful Brisbane

Beautiful Brisbane

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

River Cottage Restaurant Noosa

Nestled in Weyba Street, Noosaville is River Cottage Restaurant. A warm and inviting, intimate restaurant, I was so excited for the dining experience that awaited me, when i took a seat at the bar and ordered a glass of bubbly.

River Cottage Restaurant has a seasonal menu with locally supplied produce.  Already enjoying the impeccable service, we spoke to the staff for advise on the wine list and their recommendations from the menu. After choosing a wine to start with we asked to be seated.  From an extremely appealing list of starters, I chose the sashimi of Yellowtail Kingfish with wakami, bonito soy and sisho leaf and my partner chose the Scallops.  From an equally enticing main menu, I chose the whole baby Barramundi served with an Asian salad and Jasmine Rice and my partner chose the King eye fillet, with kipfler potato, shallot, king brown mushrooms and a red wine jus. Both starters looked fantastic and the presentation was exceptional. My sashimi was fresh and light and an absolute taste explosion. All of the ingredients complimented each other and was extremely impressive and awe-inspiring. My boyfriends scallops were equally divine, again with complimenting ingredients making it flavoursome and out-standing. 

On the advice of the knowledgeable staff, I opted for a Riesling to compliment my fish and my partner ordered a Pinot Noir to enjoy with his steak. Our mains arrived all with impeccable presentation, timing and service. I was equally impressed with my baby Barramundi being fresh and tasty. The wine was perfectly matched, creating a big beaming smile on my face reflecting utter enjoyment. I had to taste my boyfriend's main, I was told, and on doing so, understood why. Splendid. Absolute taste sensation. Cooked perfectly, tender, flavoursome steak and the jus was delicious.

After finishing our mains we were handed a dessert menu with a selection of scrumptious sounding desserts complete with dessert wines and cheese platters. I opted for the Lemon brulee tart with lemoncello parfait and pistachios and my boyfriend had the traditional cloth Cheddar with muscatels, quince paste, water crackers and walnut bread. My brulee was crunchy on top with a moist dense yummy body and the parfait creamy and dreamy and when combined with pistachios, just delicious. I then decided to enjoy a glass of red wine and tasted my boyfriend's cheese plate and was not disappointed. The blend of ingredients delivered a palatable and pleasurable end to probably the best meal I have ever eaten.

The food was spectacular, obviously prepared with skill and passion, the service was first-class, the ambience was romantic and yet family friendly and the whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable. I have no doubt that River Cottage Restaurant will win countless awards in 2011 and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment